Behind the majestic façades, Piedmont’s capital is home to an oddball collection of treasures. Not least of these are the infamous Turin Shroud and the unexpected Egyptian Museum, the largest of its type outside Cairo.
Combined with the city’s mythical winter fog and a number of myths and legends, this has granted Turin status as a centre of black magic. By the early Middle Ages the powerful Savoy dynasty had taken control - leaving a legacy of lavish palaces. After unification, Turin was the first capi- tal of Italy, an honour it held for just four years.
The symbol of the city is the Mole Antonelliana, an eye-catching dome, while its most famous relic is the Holy Shroud, thought by some to be the cloth that wrapped Christ's body after the crucifixion. It still attracts thou- sands of pilgrims.
It is food and drink heaven – even for Italy – as the home of Lavazza coffee, Martini and the best Italian chocolate (hazelnut chocolate).
DAY 1 • TURIN
Arrive at your hotel, chek-in and accommodation. Dinner and overnight.
DAY 2 •TURIN
After breakfast, departure for a full day excursion of the city. Dinner and overnight in hotel.
DAY 3 •TURIN
Breakfast at hotel. End of tour.
END OF SERVICE
PRICE PER PERSON:
01.04.11 - 31.10.11 2011
Note: All rates subject to change
• 2 nights in 4**** hotel • 2 Buffet Breakfast • 2 Dinners • The Turin card • Hotel taxes and service charges
• Tips • Extras • Drinks at meals • Anything not mentioned in 'Price Includes'
HOTELS OR SIMILAR:
NH HOTELS **** OR SIMILAR
TURIN CARD VALID 2 DAYS:
• Free admission to more than 160 cultural sites: museums (including Egypt Museum), monuments, exhibitions, fortresses, castles and Royal Residences in Torino and Piemonte.
• Free travel on the city’s over-ground public, tourist transport (panoramic lift in the Mole Antonelliana, Sassi – Superga rack tramway) and GTT shuttle buses to Venaria Reale - Parco La Mandria, Rivoli Castle - Contemporary Art Museum, Pralormo Castle - "Messer Tulipano".
• 10% discount on the City Sightseeing Torino open-top bus and ticket for a consecutive period of 48 hours.
• Special rates on car rental in association with Avis Autonoleggio and Hertz Italiana.
• Rebates on sport equipments, adventure parks, outdoor activities.
• Reductions on ChocoPass, guided tours, theatre, concerts and opera tickets and much, much more!
For more information or to make a booking request, please click on the link below: